- The Louis “Satchmo” Armstrong Summer Jazz Camp is the only summer Jazz education program that has a comprehensive curriculum that includes instrumental and vocal music, as well as swing dance.
- It is the only summer program in New Orleans that teaches music composition – how to write music and arrangements.
- 90% of our teachers are degreed, certified teachers, or professors. All are working musicians and educators.
- NOCCA, local schools, and other camps refer students to LSASJC to prepare them for the regular school year.
- LSASJC is known and respected locally as the best summer music education program in New Orleans because of its outstanding faculty and its strong focus on music fundamentals.
- Jazz Camp provides a Money Literacy Workshop to students.
- Music training develops language and reasoning skills.
- There is a causal link between music and spatial intelligence.
- Studies show music education is linked with success on standardized tests, such as the SAT, and higher grades in school.